Posted to alt.home.repair
E Z Peaces E Z Peaces is offline

Default Can anyone explain lawn tractor tire sizes

wrote:
On Dec 22, 12:53 pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Dec 21, 10:35 pm, wrote:

For example: 20x10-8. What exactly do these numbers mean and do I
have to get the exact size that comes with my tractor or can I get a
tire that is not as wide? Thanks

Got a flat? Have a tube put in. Cheaper than a new tire.

No I wanted to use these snow tires on my tractor when I have the plow
on. The normal rear tires are 20x10-8 but the snow tires I want only
come in 18x6.5-8. If the size is not too drastically different I
could get a narrower wheel. I was not going to dismount the snow
tires every season so I was planning on buying a used set of wheels
anyway.

Peerless makes chains for 20x10x8.