Posted to rec.woodworking
DGDevin DGDevin is offline

Default Work Bench

B A R R Y wrote:

While you're building stuff for yourself, I also like the mini-bench I
built a few years back that brings the work to chest level. I
followed a FWW article to build it from 8/4 maple and some veneer
press screws. It's nice not having to bend over to use paring chisels
and the like.

When I got my first bench not too long ago I realized it had been designed
for users half a foot shorter than me. So the first thing I did was make a
riser for the base to bring it up to a more comfortable level, and I was
pleased that the finish on my addition was good enough to make it
indistinguishable from the original. Of course that's because nobody can
see the snapped-off screws etc. on the underside of the riser, but hidden
(and nonfunctional) incompetence is more or less tolerable at this stage.