Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] LEGEND65@yahoo.com is offline

Default Work Bench

On Dec 22, 1:18 pm, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:
I wouldn't cut them on edge. If you have enough plywood to make a top, do
that. Lay it flat and cover it with hardboard. I have build a number of
shop benches and cabinets out of scrap. When there was enough materials, I
would build something else. This sounds similar.

Yeah, if they aren't big enough on their own get a sheet of 1/4" then
piece together your scraps on top of that. Run them through the drum
sander first to make sure the thickness is consistent on each layer.
Then flip the sucker over or put another 1/4" layer on top.

Or they'd be good for building drawers to go under it.

-Kevin