Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RogerN RogerN is offline

Default The Bush Legacy for America?

"Hawke" wrote in message

Would you prefer it if we let the companies go bankrupt and throw a
million
people out of work? Then when they all apply for unemployment
compensation,
which the taxpayers pay for anyway, the cost will be ten times higher.
Don't
you understand that the cost of the bailout is a lot less than it'll cost
if
those companies go under? Sorry, that was a dumb question. If you
understood
it would cost far more to let them go bankrupt than to bail them out you
would never have posted what you did. Never mind.

Hawke

Can you spot any flaws in your logic here? If the big 3 would shut down,
where would their business go? Other automakers would have an increase in
demand, therefore they would have job openings. I don't want Chrysler,
Ford, or GM to go under but I would like to see them make automobiles that
there is a demand for. So what would the bottom line be? How many people
would be on unemployment after the business went to other automakers?
Around here the maximum unemployment I can get is $511 per week for a
maximum of 26 weeks. If one million people got the maximum unemployment for
6 months, that's a little over 13 billion dollars (worst case, all losing
jobs, no one getting jobs). So how is the cost of the bailout a lot less?

RogerN