Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Michael Koblic Michael Koblic is offline

Default It is cold out side, lets take about bifocals

Wes wrote:
For most of us it is too cold to go out to the shop so let us discuss
bifocals instead of bush and obama.

I'm sitting in front of my computer using my new bifocals.
Progressives.

A couple weeks ago I received my company paid for safety glasses,
also progressive.

At work, they suck. I talked to one of the guys that fit glasses
today and he mentioned that they do make progressives that have the
near vision part both on top and at bottom of glasses.

Anyone have those? Any comments?

Like someone else here, I have to have two pairs of glasses: I have trifocal
progressives and bifocal for computer and reading. *Any* glasses that
contain more than one prescription are going to be a compromise. I could not
work the computer with my trifocals - their purpose is mainly distance
correction with the ability to read something quickly if needed and see the
car console when necessary. However, for really close work I still take the
glasses off completely.

One issue you might want to look at is how the glasses are adjusted. I had
to go back to the optician several times until I got both pairs adjusted so
that they worked properly. And do not be fobbed off by a bimbo with two
weeks' training. Get someone who knows what they are doing.

--
Michael Koblic,
Campbell River, BC