Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ecnerwal Ecnerwal is offline

Default It is cold out side, lets take about bifocals

In article ,
Wes wrote:

I'm sitting in front of my computer using my new bifocals. Progressives.

I have a pair I dropped $180 (just for the lenses) on sitting in a
drawer someplace. I missed the 90 day window to get the reground into
something useful. I gave them the old college try for a good two months,
and never got over the beer-goggle effect, then forgot about having them
reground in the next 30 days while enjoying being able to see again.
Dropped about $40 (total) at Zenni for a pair for distance, and a pair
for reading, and while I was at it got a pair for super-close-up work (8
inches or so).

F-ing useless crap, IMHO. I might, MIGHT try regular bifocals at some
point. Progressives, never again. They worked absolutely perfectly if,
say, you put masking tape over 90 % of the lens so that you were peering
out of a little vertical slit. Anything off to the sides was distorted.

Mine were the regular close-up on bottom version. The top & bottom
version can be had, but would do nothing for my problems with the
useless things. Swapping glasses works fine by me.