Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ned Simmons Ned Simmons is offline

Default Reply: Drilling a heap of 25mm / 1" holes in sheet metal

On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 20:09:52 -0500, Wes wrote:

(Doug White) wrote:

I would see if you can rent one of the hydraulic Greenley punch pullers.
They are designed for the job, and I would think it might be the sort of
thing one could rent someplace.

If I have to do two or three, I use my wrench set. More than that I get the hydraulic
tool from the tool crib.

The Greenlee ball screw puller is the fastest and easiset I've used
for small punches. 2-3 turns with amazingly little effort for a 1/2"
(7/8 dia) knockout. But a crescent wrench is quicker to take out and
put away for just a couple holes.
http://www.toolup.com/Greenlee/1904.html

--
Ned Simmons