Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default Reply: Drilling a heap of 25mm / 1" holes in sheet metal

Wes, I'm not surprised that the 3/8" drive impact wrench worked to punch
holes in sheet steel boxes, but I didn't have any first hand experience
doing that.

It will still be noisy, but I think it's a better solution than an air
ratchet.

The little 3/8" impact I have is USA Chicago Pneumatic from the 70s, and was
a great tool for auto repair. I have a right-angle head accessory that is
handy for reaching some obstructed fasteners, not quite as compact as an air
ratchet, but really handy at times.

--
WB
metalworking projects

"Wes" wrote in message
"Wild_Bill" wrote:

I prefer to use an air impact wrench, and for small/medium fasteners, the
3/8" drive was very satisfying to use. I don't know that a 3/8" impact
wrench would operate the punch very well though.

The 3/8 impact would be a better choice. I've used one before for holes
in this range.
Had no problem with the typical hoffman box.

Wes