Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bruce[_4_] Bruce[_4_] is offline

Default Is there ANYthing that will remove black mould from silicone sealant?

"The Medway Handyman" wrote:

Yup, much better than bleach - I don't know why either. Its described as
'activated' bleach whatever that means. It smells more strongly of chlorine
than normal bleach.

It also; "Contains an antimicrobial agent that removes stains caused by
ingrained mould" according to http://www.dettol.co.uk/sf_bathrooms.shtml#mmr

One of the best agents against mould is boric acid. It is extremely
effective when used in combination with sodium hypochlorite bleach.

I had to treat and remove some black mould at a house in the Caribbean
for friends who own it. I used boric acid and sodium hypochlorite
applied separately a day apart. 18 months later, it hasn't returned,
yet the mould had previously been a difficult problem for a number of
years.

I had no prior expertise and obtained the information about boric acid
and sodium hypochlorite bleach from Google searches.