Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Generator for a well pump?

You'd have to check your well pump. See if it's 110 volts or 220 volts.
Check the current draw, and see how many watts you'd need. It's doable. Much
easier to have a couple buckets of water on hand at all times. Oh, the green
"RV holding tank fluid" in the RV section of walmart. A teaspoon or so in
the toilet bowl holds down the stink, until you can get a real flush.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Tim Smith" wrote in message

The discussion on emergency generators has made me wonder: what would it
take to supply power to just a well pump? I can deal with no heat, TV,
lights, or internet during power outages, but no toilets is pretty
darned annoying!

--
--Tim Smith