Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Identify this components please.

Joe McElvenney wrote:

Hi,

Strapped directly across the b-e junction of a TIPL755A bipolar in a
SMPS out of a HP54502A scope is the following -

Body - cylindrical, black plastic, 5/8" long by 1/4" dia.

Body markings - MCS MTS 90A.

Leads - two, axial.

PCB marking - S1.

Polarity markings - nil.

Condition - s/c.

Naturally I don't have a schematic but my guess is that it's some sort
of over-voltage clamp. A great deal of googling hasn't helped me so
any info would be much appreciated.

Happy Holidays - Joe

It doesn't appear to have the schematic but the 'service' manual is
available for free at the manufacturer's website:
http://www.home.agilent.com/agilent/techSupport.jspx?pid=54502A%3Aepsg%3Apro&pageMode= MN&cc=US&lc=eng

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.