Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rob[_10_] Rob[_10_] is offline

Default Is there ANYthing that will remove black mould from siliconesealant?

MM wrote:
The silicone sealant (from a gun) behind the kitchen sink (sealing the
worksurface to the wall tiles) has several spots of mould where I have
been a bit lax with the cleaning. Anything I've tried will not shift
the mould stains. The mould seems to have ingressed into the sealant.
Is there any modern product I could try? Or is this a case of redoing
the sealant strip in due course? I looked in Tesco, but they had no
mould remover of any kind.

You could try putting some cling film over bleach soaked tissue pressed
into the sealant, and leaving it an hour or so. Or Vim and a scourer.

Good ventilation should help prevent it happening.

Rob