Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_13_] Frank[_13_] is offline

Default Generator for a well pump?

ransley wrote:
On Dec 21, 10:33 pm, Tim Smith
wrote:
The discussion on emergency generators has made me wonder: what would it
take to supply power to just a well pump? I can deal with no heat, TV,
lights, or internet during power outages, but no toilets is pretty
darned annoying!

--
--Tim Smith

A higher storage tank in a nearby closet or a few 5 gallon buckets of
water kept in the basement would do. So you let food melt, rot and go
bad, freeze and walk into a walls. Id crap in a bucket, **** outside
and worry about heat, frige and no pipes bursting, but thats me. Get a
5000w gen and transfer panel and quit stubbing your toes in the dark

I also suffered for years with outages but finally went the
generator/transfer panel route. Neighbor with a small generator and DYI
barely gets by and wishes he had done it right. You don't need to power
everything in the house but well, furnace, and refrigerators and
freezers are a must.