Posted to alt.home.repair
gecko gecko is offline

Default Generator for a well pump?

On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 20:57:08 -0800 (PST), JIMMIE
wrote:

IF its like my pump there is a pretty good surge every time it starts,
the lights blink pretty good. This happened even after the pump was
replaced after being taken out by lightning. I would measure the start/
run current and size my generator accordingly.

Jimmie

I have had a 9500 watt generator for a year now. Had an electrician
wire a separate switch-over panel to use for any outage. I have a
220V submersible well pump and it is included in my generator-backup.
Always has worked just fine. Being able to flush and bathe is always
a treat.

-GECKO