Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical
Spehro Pefhany Spehro Pefhany is offline

Default 9v battery terminal blanks?

On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 11:33:27 +0000 (GMT), the renowned Stuart
wrote:

In article ,
Michael A. Terrell wrote:
I'm in the US, so quid is meaningless to me.

Quid = Pounds, at the current exchange rate = $1.47

If you remember the 3-letter ISO currency codes, Google will do a lot
of the slogwork for you, and more.

For example, if I would like to know the price of gasoline (petrol) in
China using the obsolete units of my youth, I need only type:

5.1 CNY per liter in CAD per imperial gallon

and it responds with

5.1 (Chinese yuan per liter) = 4.08944735 Canadian dollars per
Imperial gallon

Or combined reciprocal and units conversion:

6.3 liters per 100km in miles per imperial gallon

responds with

6.3 liters per 100km = 44.8382624 miles per Imperial gallon

or

6.3 liters per 100km in miles per gallon

responds with

6.3 liters per 100km = 37.3356481 miles per gallon

(careful, the default "gallon" is some kind of undersized quaint wine
gallon for unknown reasons).

Here is the list of ISO codes (Google does not have them all
available, but the major ones should be there).

http://www.xe.com/iso4217.php

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany