Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Insigna TV - GREEN????

In article
,
infiniteMPG wrote:
We have an Insigna IS-TV040919 Color TV that has been working fine in
our son's room for years, A few weeks ago he complained about his TV
and when we checked, the color had a greenish-yellow tint to it. We
attempted to adjust the TV and no matter what we tried, the color
stays a greenish tint. We have been in touch with a few local service
places and they said it might be $75-$150 to fix this. Not being sure
what's wrong we're not sure if it's worth fixing or even knowing what
might be wrong.

With many CRT sets - IMHO most noticeable with Trinitron tubes - the red
gun ages more than the others due to being driven harder than the others.
Resulting in the tint you describe.

I dunno your particular model, but a pro monitor has six adjustments for
grey scale tracking, R, G and B foreground (whites) and R, G and B
background (blacks).

Domestic TVs can have one of these colours non adjustable. Some do this
balance automatically.

To find out about your model you need the service instructions - Google
for the model and grey scale tracking. If this happened gradually it can
likely be adjusted. If it happened suddenly it might mean a repair.

--
*Lottery: A tax on people who are bad at math.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.