Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Dee Andy Dee is offline

Default Holes in plasterboard walls

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
endymion wrote:
I need some help with this because my husband is busy and hasn't got
round to it. he moved the storage radiator ( on my request) and
behind it he has left two holes which were cut into the plasterboard
walling and hidden until the heater came off the wall. I think they
were from some previous wiring attempt there. I cant say for sure. .
One is four inches square and the other about six inches. How can I
fill them up? This needs to be an easy botch because I am no good at
DIY I am fed up of the gaping holes. My husband "filled" them
temporarily with kitchen towel to stop draughts. behind them is the
cavity wall ( I think) - well its a hole there anyway.

Thanks in advance.

easy peasy dralin.

Get a copy of the 'daily bull****' and stuff it in the cracks, them get
some plaster and mix it and spoon it in, then when it's set use a
sanding block to sand it flat with the old surface, and paint over.

BOTCH!