Default Extending socket circuit to a ring?

Dave Plowman wrote:
In article ,
Chris Emerson wrote:
The existing cable is neatly clipped to the wall near the ceiling, and
comes down vertically for each socket at chest height. (The walls are
bare brick) Is that "properly protected", or should it be shielded?

I'd certainly run it in conduit in a workshop, and use metal clad
fittings. But IMHO only the vertical runs would need protecting.

That's what had been done (and I continue to do when I extend) in my
garage/workshop. Everything within reach is in trunking, wires across
the ceiling on joists or trusses are just clipped/tied.

--
Chris Green )