Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking
basilisk basilisk is offline

Default Any GOOD sales this year for the workshop?

Robatoy wrote:

On Dec 21, 10:22Â*pm, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
Since we are in the last week before Christmas, I was wondering if
there were any GOOD sales for the metal or wood workshop?

If you know of one, let us know.

Thanks

Me thinks you may see some good deals after Christmas. I have been
circling like a cat around a mouse hoping that the 6.5 Amp Bosch
barrel grip goes on sale. I love my Milwaukee top-handled jigsaw, but
sometimes I really miss my old Bosch barrel.... although it seems to
have gotten a bit fatter. Maybe I'm wrong.
2009 will be the year I will buy a real cyclone DC and I want a real
one... and also a quiet one. Because that CNC v-grooving with a 91-
degree 1-1/2" bit at 12000 rpm throws one ****load of of dirt around.
2009 will also be the year I buy a good used forklift. Propane or
electric, I cannot decide. JUST missed out on a Toyota for only $3K...
it needed work.. I'm not sure what that means in that world.
Depending on a good land deal, I might even build a shop from the
ground up. Parabolic solar ho****er heaters for distribution through
an in-floor tubular maze. Pipes that run 4" from the top of a 7" slab
of concrete which will float on 4" high density styrofoam. Or not.

Stay away from the Toyota, there was one at work that stayed down for five
weeks waiting on parts from the dealer.
Not very good when your depending on it.

basilisk