Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Buerste Buerste is offline

Default The Bush Legacy for America?

"Hawke" wrote in message

"RogerN" wrote in message
m...
I kind of like the Chrysler plan myself. Let the auto makers reduce
production to the demand level. If the unions can pay their members far
above what the average taxpayer makes, that's fine, but don't ask the
taxpayer to foot the bill.

RogerN

Would you prefer it if we let the companies go bankrupt and throw a
million
people out of work? Then when they all apply for unemployment
compensation,
which the taxpayers pay for anyway, the cost will be ten times higher.
Don't
you understand that the cost of the bailout is a lot less than it'll cost
if
those companies go under? Sorry, that was a dumb question. If you
understood
it would cost far more to let them go bankrupt than to bail them out you
would never have posted what you did. Never mind.

Hawke

A bailout just gives them license to keep doing what they want, perfect
blackmail.