Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Erik[_4_] Erik[_4_] is offline

Default anvil question

In article ,
kc wrote:

I recently picked up a 174lb Peter Wright anvil.
There is a slight sway 1/32 on the main work surface which is
acceptable and there are no serious edge chips, but the unit looks like
it was used by a chisel freak.
The entire surface has chisel dings from the ledge all the way to the
tip of the horn.
These anvils are forge welded from a couple of pieces of wrought iron
with the top layer hardened (I believe)and I wonder if anyone can tell
me how much dressing I can do on the surface (with a cup on a 7"
grinder) before I am onto softer material thus screwing everything up
completely?

Keith

Hi,

I'd also try posting this over in: