Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.home.lawn.garden
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default How not to kill the grass?

"mm" wrote
"cshenk" wrote:

Thanks, Ralph and cshenk. I signed up, but they said it can be 7
days until I'm approved!

Grin, I live in Norfolk area. I believe we have 5 of them here? 1 for
each
of the 5 big cities that make up 'Hampton Roads' area. Newport News,
Norfolk, Suffolk, Chesapeake, Virginia Beach.

Well, here they don't provide a map and I don't live in any of the
n'hods they said were excluded, but last night they turned me down. I
feel like a 1st grader who is the only one not invited to his
classmate's birthday party.

Awww. Sorry (smile). I'm not allowed in the other groups but we see the
occasional crossover allowed by the moderators for the really strange items
or members of one area willing to pickup for a person in another area.

They sent me to another group that has less than 1/4 the area,
members, and posts, plus is entirely suburban-like, more well-off than
the city as a whole, and probably wants my old lumber etc. less than
the rest of the city.

Actually the suburban area is more apt to want it. Real city folks have no
yards to use it in.

No one is going to come on foot to pick up this wood, and if they have
a truck and they want this stuff at all, it's surely worth going an
extra mile or two from wherever the boundrary is to my house. What
should I do? (If no one in the first area wants my wood, should I lie
about my address and join this group too. Will they catch me?)

Hehe wouldnt try it. You have to find someone in the other group to post it
for you probably. We do that here and aso long as it's not a common thing,
allowed.