Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical
Ron(UK) Ron(UK) is offline

Default 9v battery terminal blanks?

Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
Peter Hucker wrote:

LESS THAN A YEAR?!?!?! I have Duracells with a use by date of about 4
or 5 years in the future.

So do I. They rarely last more than a year before they leak, and some
brands even less. Before they changed from some anonymous Chinese
manufacturer to GPT, the Office Depot brand sold here lasted 3-4 months.

An awful lot of the 'Duracells' you'll find in discount places,
markets, etc. are chinese fakes. A genuine Procell PP3 has six
cylindrical cells which look like a small AAA cell. The ripoffs I`ve
seen have flat cells. You can barely tell the difference from external
appearances alone - the price should be your guide.

Ron(UK)