Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default (OT)supper tonight

Robatoy wrote in news:84821302-ecbd-454e-8cbd-
:

Now, I have eaten raw-fresh-from-the-North-Sea herring with a couple
of belts of Akvavit.

I saw the light. I have been to the mountain top.

That must have been when I was under 10, 55 years ago. Thereafter there
wasn't enough herring in the North Sea anymore to feed 1 Dutchman for a
month, and the Dutch fishing fleet went after the Georges bank herring (or
wherever). Also, because of a small parasite in the herring, ll herring is
flash frozen (to kill the nasties). Nevertheless, Hollandse Nieuwe, and
all other "fresh" herring is a delicacy to be consumed with some chopped
onion with head tilted back, holding the raw fish by the tail.
Salivating ...
--
Best regards
Han