Posted to alt.home.repair
zxcvbob zxcvbob is offline

Default Emergency power system for one perosn: Generator or battery system?

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
"zxcvbob" wrote in message
How are you going to run the furnace since you rent? It's not like you
can rewire it for operation from an extension cord. Or are you going to
use the kitchen stove for heat? (hopefully it's gas)

Why not if you rent? Give me five minutes and the furnace will be running.
When power comes back, another five minutes and it is back on the grid. It
is a simple two wire setup. Google "wirenuts"

Sure, *you* can, you're old. ;-) The OP sounded kind of young to me;
not much experience.

Bob