Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Why are ceiling lights flashing?

James Egan wrote in
news
In my sun room I have 4 recessed lights with 75 or 100 watt bulbs.
These are connected to a dimmer. In the winter months, I have a cigar
out there, and have a 1500 watt quartz heater in front of me, a box
fan in the window, and a small fan blowing the smoke towards the box
fan. Last week when I turned off the heater, the lights brightened as
they normally do, but all 4 lights began flashing like a strobe light.
Now the problem is intermittent. The other night the lights would
flash, then stop when I turned on the heater. I believe I need to
replace the dimmer with a higher wattage type. I've read that 600
watts is standard. Do you think that will stop the lights from
flashing?

-Thanks

Maybe they have emphysema.