Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Steve is offline

Default Sump pump issues

"Chris (SilverUnicorn)" wrote in message
Well it's at it again. We got a new sump pump and now it's doing the
same thing the old one was doing.

The water level in the pit is low, but high enough to trip the pump.
That's fine the pump starts, and pumps out some wayer ( needs to go 7'
vertical than out the discharge).

Problem is, that 7 feet is enough to empty the pit enough so the pump
shuts off. I can only assume the check valves don't work, because the
pit fills up enough again to restart the pump. This happens every 2
minutes or less.

It is just recycling the same water over and over. The electric
company will love me

Any ideas on how to fix this? Thsi is our THIRS check valve. I can not
imagine these are designed so poorly.

The checl valves are made by Flotec. The pump is a Rigid brand that
was purchased at Hiome Depot about a year ago.

Chris

The check valve should be screwed directly into the pump discharge and it's
directional. You may have it in backwards. Also, when the pump shuts off,
you will hear the check valve "thump" when it closes and the water above it
slams it shut. Do you hear this?