Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default garage door not closing

wrote:
My gargae door started not going down all the way a few days ago but
not all the time. Last night I tried to adjust the lasers on each side
now it doesn't go past the bend at the top of the track. Where are the
lasers supposed to point toward. And should there be a green light on
each side?

Hi,
I think it is IR emitter and senor pair. You have to align the IR beam
to the sensor. You watch the sensor output with a multmeter.while
adjusting the emitter position. When it is adjusted right, the sensor
will give highest output.
I use an IR detector card to make this task easy. Stick the card on the
sensor and when the beam is aligned, you'll see red dot on the card
sensing area. I bought this card from electronics parts store.