Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Emergency power system for one perosn: Generator or battery system?

wrote in message
I live in north Missouri where ice storms can readily
happen..... and knock power out

I also live alone and in rented duplex....so my needs
for power are smaller and require more portability than
others.

Having said that... I'm wondering if buying a small
Honda generator and 120 volt devices is better than say
getting jump start batteries and using them with 12volt
devices (lights, etc)

The 12V devices are fine for lighting, but they won't operate your
refrigerator or heater. If you have any long time failures, a generator is
the way to go.