Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Thiemo Nordenholz[_3_] Thiemo Nordenholz[_3_] is offline

Default (solved) Wavetek 175 ARB: on power-on display flashes, then goes dark

Hi once more,

However, I have now found out that it's not overcurrent, but an overvoltage
protection circuit turning the +5 logic power off -- interestingly, the
largest capacitor in the device is used for stabilizing exactly that supply,
among a handful smaller ones. So I'll be heading the replacement way now,
and report back on success when it's done.

I have now replaced the largest capacitor in there (52'000 uF), and the
problems are gone -- the thing powers on every time it is switched on.

So, thanks for the suggestions!

Best wishes,
Thiemo
--