Posted to sci.electronics.repair
bz bz is offline

Default Class/type of amp ?

"Arfa Daily" wrote in
:

"Class D amplifiers can be controlled by either analog or digital
circuits.
The digital control introduces additional distortion called
quantization error caused by its conversion of the input signal to a
digital value."

I'm sorry, but I consider that to be an ill-informed gobbledy-gook

Sorry to interject again but the quoted person is saying that the width of
the pulses can be controlled by either an analogue means or by a digital
means.

For example, the frequency of an oscillator could be controlled by
directly varying the voltage across a vari-cap (diode) with the audio
signal. This would be an analogue method of modulating the frequency of an
oscillator, and thus the width of pulses when the oscillator's output is
converted to a square wave at the same fundamental frequency.

Or the frequency could be controlled by taking the audio signal, doing A
to D conversion and using a computer controlled PLL to generate a signal
which varies in frequency.

He goes on to say that in the case where digital control is used, an
additional distortion called 'quantization error' is introduced.

There is nothing ill informed or gobbledy gook about what what was said.
It is similar to saying that the frequency of an FM transmitter can be
controlled by analog or digital circuits, and if controlled by digital
circuits, there is an additional distortion introduced....

There is nothing there that has anything to do with a 'Pot' [unless you
mean potential, rather than potentiometer].

--
bz 73 de N5BZ k

infinite set.

remove ch100-5 to avoid spam trap