Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tony Bryer Tony Bryer is offline

Default Cavity wall insulation

On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 12:47:56 +0000 Hugo Nebula wrote :
A clear cavity/ aerated block wall only achieves 0.70W/m^2K,
according to my Elmhurst U-value calculator[1]. Which, IIRC, was
less than 0.6W/m^2K without thermal bridging that came in in 1995.
This was only acceptable up to then, as I never saw a wall that
needed a U-value of 0.45W/m^2K without insulation.

[1] Horrible interface. Bring back SuperHeat!

Couldn't possibly comment g. Let's just say that no one could
accuse the Elmhurst team of copying anyone else's design ideas. We
had no option but to give up SuperHeat because of the new EPC rules:
I did point out to DCLG the year before that the effect of these
would be to effectively leave the Part L software business in the
hands of a few larger players.

--
Tony Bryer, 'Software to build on' from Greentram
www.superbeam.co.uk www.superbeam.com www.greentram.com