Posted to alt.home.repair

Default HOA says no pickup trucks in driveway

On Dec 20, 2:27*am, Ashton Crusher wrote:
On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 05:52:28 -0800 (PST), "

wrote:
On Dec 17, 8:42?am, "HeyBub" wrote:
"[FLORIDA] The board of directors representing The Eagles, a deed restricted
community in Odessa, was trying to keep A.J. Vizzi from parking his Ford
pickup truck in his home's driveway. HOA rules state all trucks must be
parked in a garage."

Judge renders declaratory judgment in favor of truck owner, says HOA is
insane and must pay about $100,000 in legal fees. Take drug test.

http://www.tampabays10.com/news/most...yid=96159&prov....

why anyone buys into deed restricted communities leaves me at a
loss........

my home means if I want a purple flamingo in the front yard no one
should be able to do a thing about it

In many areas the only new homes you can buy are in deed
restricted/HOA areas. *There is a desire by cities to foist off on the
property owners the "governing" of themselves so they city can escape
as much financial involvement as possible. *I don't think it's even
possible in the larger cities in AZ to find a new home that isn't
under an HOA. *When we bought our home new about 20 years ago it was
in one of the few subdivisions that did not have an HOA. *There are
"deed restrictions", but not too bad, *but no real enforcement method.
there are provisions for the property owners to form an HOA if they
wish but if they chose to do so they cannot assess any dues. *I've
never understood why anyone would want an HOA. *The typical dues are
anywhere from $100 to $200 a month and I've heard of them as high as
$600 a month. *At $100 a month it's like adding around $20,000 to your
mortgage. *Why not just buy a house in a $20,000 better neighborhood.- Hide quoted text -

Again a good discussion.

In many areas, having a HOA will cause potential buyers to NOT buy
into an area.

And in this housing market (and for the foreseeable future), that is
the kiss of death to anyone who wants to sell their home.

TMT