Dan

Default Resawing on a Blue Jet 14'

On Sun 28 Sep 2003 01:08:18p, "Bill Rittner" wrote in

According to Scott Phillips, and I agree with him, the reason not to
use a 3/4" wide blade on a 14" saw is that the wheels are just barely
wide enough for the blade.

That's one point I can't recall from the searches I made. Good enough to
make a half-inch blade my first experiment.

Scott was there at the woodshow, by the way. I was there when he did a
runthrough on the bandsaw before making a bandsaw box. He was entertaining
and I learned a lot. He mentioned Sam Maloof and Norm. "Sam gets 43
thousand for a chair and he could make one a week before he retired, but
he's missing part of one finger. I don't think that's worth the money he's
getting." "Norm's 26 inch belt sander is GREAT but he browns out Boston
every time he turns it on!". I had to leave to talk about the bandsaw I was
buying before he was done so I don't know if he mentioned resawing.

I like the guy. Sure wish I could see his show around here.

Thanks, Bill

Dan