Posted to sci.electronics.repair
bz bz is offline

Default Class/type of amp ?

"Arfa Daily" wrote in
:

"bz" wrote in message
98.139...
"Arfa Daily" wrote in
:

Again, I say that you are not wrong, in theory, but neither are you
right in practice, when referring to today's much-changed world of
electronics.

If one wants to understand a concept, one makes sure that they
understand how the words are being used.

Understanding what others mean when they use a certain word is
important to
communications.

In many technical fields, 'common words' have 'uncommon definitions'.
This leads to a LOT of misunderstandings and has high costs, but it is
often useful and necessary.

A 'careful communicator' will try to find out what others mean when
they use specific words and tailor their communications to use the
language of the listener. Doing otherwise is as counter productive as
walking into a room full of people that only speak Etruscan and giving
a lecture in Greek.

Arguing about what a word 'really means' is a waste of time and energy.

If one wants to communicate with others, one uses words that others
understand in the way that they understand them.

--
bz 73 de N5BZ k

please pardon my infinite ignorance, the set-of-things-I-do-not-know is
an infinite set.

remove ch100-5 to avoid spam trap0

So what exactly are you saying here ? That it's right to use the word
"digital" in it's modern context, which all service engineers world-wide
would understand, or not ? Each time I read thru' what you've said, I
arrive at an opposite conclusion ! :-)

When talking to others, it is 'better' to use the meaning of the word, as
THEY define it.

There is nothing to prevent you from saying [often to yourself] '"normally",
I use that word to mean xxxxx [but in this case I will use your definition so
we can communicate].'

I am just trying to point out the fact that it is "pointless" to 'argue' over
the meaning of a word. Either you choose to agree upon a meaning so you can
communicate, or you misunderstand or are "mistook".

I ENJOY playing with words and will often go a mile out of my way to make a
pun.

I *try* to be a careful communicator always, allowing for the fact that
people who are not native English speakers, may well be reading, and
also that many Americans will be reading, who tend to use the language
in a much more 'literal' way than those of us in the UK. That
difference, and the difference in sense of humour, can easily lead to
conflict, so I try to take both of those factors into account when I do
post.

I think that you usually do well.

Maybe I don't get it right all the time, but at least I do try ..

Arfa (dah-di-dah)

As I said, the conversation has been intersting and educational.

di-di-di-dah-di-dah

tu su dit dit

--
bz