Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cheap trolley jack broken

In article ,
Bill wrote:
But if it's a sort of circlip isn't it made out of some form of spring
steel?

No, it only turned into a circlip in your first reply I just asked
about this "U-shaped clip"

I dunno what you call a clip that fits into a circular groove other than a
circlip?

It might actually need to be moderately springy to absorb the shocks
(and perhaps occasional verbal threats) when working against time, but I
suspect that if box section works at all, I'll cobble up enough spares.

If it's not springy it won't stay in a groove for long - and I'd say mild
steel won't be springy enough.

I am grateful for all the replies. I just need to wait till my
mother-of-all-colds passes and I can get something done again.

Know what you mean - sniffle. But I've seen the sort of thing you're after
- it might just be a case of knowing the correct name to find a generic
one.

--
*Just give me chocolate and nobody gets hurt

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.