Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] fictitiousemail@gmail.com is offline

Default backnuts for sink, basin, and bath wastes

On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 16:49:10 +0000, Stephen
wrote:

On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 13:11:42 +0000, wrote:

What's wrong with plastic backnuts for wastes .

I thought they were frowned on here, but perhaps that's just tap
backnuts rather than all plastic backnuts?

That's tap backnuts

Why do you need a spanner for waste backnuts? Just use your
hands ..they don't neeed to be that tight and anyway

I was using a pair of pump pliers but they chew into the plastic where
you grip them. I thought they had to be tight. I was afraid of them
leaking if they were too loose.

Nope .Just hand tight should do .

I have a slight leak from the bottom of the banjo but all other joints
are ok.

Use more LSX. That should do the trick