Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cheap trolley jack broken

In article ,
Bill wrote:
If it started life as a single piece it looks like a bit of box section
with a hole in buy a bit and drill a hole in it. Nothing to lose and
its not as if it is load bearing

Tony

Ahhh, Tony, why didn't I think of that?

I think it actually started out as a piece of Meccano-thickness steel
that was pressed from a sheet, bent and then presumably heat treated,
but starting from a piece of box section is the now blindingly obvious
way to make a replacement. Thanks.

All the jacks have a very similar clip, which is why I thought they
might use a standard, known part.

But if it's a sort of circlip isn't it made out of some form of spring
steel?

--
*I pretend to work. - they pretend to pay me.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.