Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default DIY dunces?

On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 23:29:02 UTC, "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 22:27:22 -0000, Mark Spice wrote:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=98971

My 7 year old son has a set of that stuff and loves playing around with
it. It does seem expensive but he has got a lot of value out of it.

Thanks your and Mr French's feedback, I think the lad (8) has just got
another Christmas present. B-)

Either this snap stuff, which does strike me as easily expandable but
expensive or one of the other type with springs and lengths of real wire
to join things together. I think a trip to Maplin is in order...

Or a nice little breadboard and some 'normal' components...ISTR I had
one at about that age. Breadboard has the advantage that it's expandable
at low cost (components and even another board).

http://www.diybanter.com