Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] fictitiousemail@gmail.com is offline

Default backnuts for sink, basin, and bath wastes

On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 11:00:32 +0000, Stephen
wrote:

Hello,

Following on from my bath waste thread, I really don't like plastic
backnuts!

What size of backnut fits which waste?

Is it a simple matter of getting a 1 1/2 inch backnut for 40mm
waste and 1 1/4 inch for 32mm waste?

Is a 1 1/2 inch backnut 1 1/2 inches across the nut's faces, or is it
the diameter of the hole?

I measured the plastic nut on my bath waste and its about 50mm af, so
I wonder whether for a 1 1/2 inch waste whether I actually need a 2
inch nut? So it's not as simple as matching the nut size tot eh pipe
size.

BTW, where can I get a 50mm af spanner to fit?

Thanks,
Stephen.

What's wrong with plastic backnuts for wastes .I've never had any
problem with them . Plastic backnuts for taps are a bone of contention
tho'. Why do you need a spanner for waste backnuts? Just use your
hands ..they don't neeed to be that tight and anyway,you always get
one( backnut) with the waste when you buy it so I don't get why you
are asking this .