Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Basic Toolkit?

In article ,
Huge wrote:
I inherited my grandfathers tools, and the nice wooden chest they live
in. I love them. Indeed, I can see why people collect antique tools.

A chippie I once knew reckoned the sort of tool steel best for wood
chisels wasn't available at any price these days. He thought the secret
died out somewhere down the line. Sounds far fetched - but he had some
very old chisels that kept their edge far better than any modern ones. And
he knew all the good tool shops in London - wasn't talking about shed
tools.

--
*Why are a wise man and a wise guy opposites?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.