Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.home.lawn.garden
KLS KLS is offline

Default How not to kill the grass?

On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 05:14:24 -0500, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:

"mm" wrote in message not. I'd be
glad to give the wood away. I don't like to waste anything, and I
rarely do. It's 30 y.o. (covered in latex stain, but just two thin
coats) and I didn't think anyone would want it. Where do I find people
who would?

You might try the 'freecycle' web site. It is a place where you can list
things to give away. No buying or selling, just give away or list wanted
items for free.
Doubt that someone would take it down for the wood, but you never can tell.

http://www.freecycle.org/group/US/?noautodetect=1

Go to the state you live in.

You also can try Craigslist in the forsale/free section, plus I prefer
the ReUseIt network over Freecycle: http://www.reuseitnetwork.org/ .
Freecycle has some controversial ties to Waste Management, Inc.,
whereas RRU is unsullied in that corporate way, from what I
understand. I was very successful in giving away an entire PT play
deck/swingset/slide on my local RRU group: the guy came over and
disassembled it and took away what was probably $500 worth of lumber
(lots of 4x4, 2x6, etc.).