Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob in Phx Bob in Phx is offline

Default Security DVR

q-see is a good one... my brother has a 16 cam on his house and its the best
and internet controllable too!!!!
the saved video is spectacular as well...

bob in phx.
"Randy" wrote in message
On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 10:50:13 -0600, Jedd Haas wrote:

I'm looking into security DVR systems. After researching it a bit, the
current leasing candidate is this one from Q-See:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...f=ord_cart_shr
?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance

(The other option, which appears to be several steps lower in terms of
functionality, is this SVAT system:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...f=ord_cart_shr
?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance)

I'm looking for a 4 channel system, and would prefer to buy a complete
system. Does anyone have any experience with either of these systems, or
any others? It seems they are relatively new on the market and there's a
shortage of reviews.

I have a 4 channel Everfocus, works OK. but the software to get video
and record it to a CD is a real PITA.

On the above system, I see no nention of resolution. Some of the
cheap ones record at 320 x 120 which is crap, you will not be able to
pick out anything. 320x240 is not much better.

Most systems I've looked at say they display 640x480, note the word
display, they record at 320x240, watch for this.

The newer systems say they record at D1 resolution.

Full D1 video is 720x480. Cropped D1 is 704x480. Half D1 video is
352x480......(from google seach of "D1 video")

I don't put alot of weight into FPS, I record at 5FPS.

The above system says 120fps, that's total. if you use 4 cameras you
will get 30fps each. At 5fps thats 200 milliseconds between frames,
more than enough for security IMHO.

Thats my .02

Thank You,
Randy