Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob in Phx Bob in Phx is offline

Default Battery question

Steve,
the type of battery your looking for a AGM (acid glass matt), also known as
a starved electrolytic battery. These are designed to provide great service
until they are discharged. These batteries will last between 100 and 300
charges, depending on how you treat them. The secret is to get them on the
charger as soon as the kids are done driving or the batteries die!!! dont
let them sit for any length of time, before you start to recharge them!!!!!!

just my two cents...

bob in phx.
"SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote in message

"spaco" wrote in message
My son and his young daughter are big time into this. They've turned
Barbie jeeps into 4 wheel drive monsters. The multiple battery thing can
lead to cooking the motors or controls just because you CAN run them for
longer than design times between charges. If your machine has an
overtemp cutout, you may be okay in putting multiple batteries in there,
but don't be surprised if the young'un still has to sit around while the
circuitry cools.

I, too, would stick with gel cells designed for deep cycle operation,
unless you think this is a short lived fad for the kids.

Pete Stanaitis

I pulled the old battery, and got on the phone. I am off tomorrow to buy
an identical replacement. When the original was fully charged, it ran for
most of the day, even longer than the attention span of my grandsons.

Steve