Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Question on home wiring

On Dec 19, 3:16�pm, "bill allemann"
wrote:
I could be wrong, but I think you may also need to derate the wire sizes
because of multiple circuits in the cable, i.e.
�treating the 12 ga cables like 15 amp, regarding loads and the breaker.

yeah some derating will be necessary,

besides which copper price is down, run a new heavy whatever cable
like a 6 gauge to a sub panel and save yourself a lot of hassle, and
lots of questions at home resale where nervous home inspectors will
jump all over your cabling.

I ran some 10 gauge once for outdoor lights left over from my sheds
power line run, and regretted it . how miserable to work with for
lowly lighting

needed 10 gauge with 20 amp breaker for shed cause of long run, and
possible use of heavy load table saw out there in future.