Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default old wood glue

On Dec 16, 7:52*pm, E Z Peaces wrote:
I had a plastic bottle of yellow wood glue that had sat at room
temperature 25 years. *When I needed it, the level had gone down and it
was too thick and stringy to stick properly. *Over a period of days, I
added water and stirred with a screwdriver.

It worked for the job I was doing. *The other day I read that wood glue
goes bad after a few months. *Is my old wood glue defective?

I was doing a project and grabbed for my bottle of glue and it had
thickened up quite a bit even though the top was on.Wife says its at
least 5 years old. I added a little water and warmed it in the
microwave for a few seconds. Worked fine, I still bought a new bottle
of glue.

Jimmie