Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default [OT] Big 3 Bailout

"Tim Daneliuk" wrote in message
3) You can't fix education without fixing the lousy parenting that
dominates the culture. This lousy parenting transcends demography
and geography. It isn't just inner city ghetto dwellers ignoring
the education of their children, its the lily white suburbanites
as well. Where children have become an income stream to the
putative poor, they've become a fashion accessory to the affluent.
It's kind of hard to educate a child when their own parents
aren't paying attention. "Tax support" does not fix this in
any way. In fact, it is "tax support" that created the
"children as an revenue stream" problem in the first place.

Yet the school board just wants more money to fix all those problems. If
you don't agree that you should pay more, you are against children and
un-American. Our school system needs major overhaul and the schools need
discipline and the students need parents that care. We pay the most per
student, but we are ranked #10 in education.

In China the school year is 220 days.
In India, there are more honor students than the USA has students

No matter how hard you wave the flag, there will come a time that the US Is
no longer the most powerful country in the world.