Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] stans4@prolynx.com is offline

Default DIY crow's foot wrench

On Dec 18, 8:50*pm, Pilgrim wrote:
Having just put a new thermocouple in a water heater and without my
crow's feet[which would probably been too big for the job].
question 1 does any one make 1/4" drive crow's feet?
question 2 If I were to heat a combination wrench with the oxy torch and
bend the open end to 90 deg would I have to re temper, heat treat,or???

Thanks in advance.

Chuck P.

Another option is to slice the side of a suitable donor 1/4" drive
deep socket, ala O2 sensor driver, yet another use for the 4 1/2"
angle grinder with cutoff wheel, also cheap pawn shop sockets.
Haven't seen a 1/4" drive set of crow's feet, they all seem to be
3/8". Yet another option is to find some flare nut wrenches and make
your bend on them. Had some brake line tools for one car that had the
ends bent at 90 degrees like that, think they were Lisle make. How
about something like this?:
http://www.thetoolwarehouse.net/shop/AP-7118.html

They have fractionals, too, just not onesies.

Stan