Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.home.lawn.garden
mm mm is offline

Default How not to kill the grass?

On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 00:02:05 -0000, "Clot"
wrote:

A week will not kill the grass. Discolored yes, but it will
bounce back up. I guess that you are in a highly urban neighbourhood
otherwise give the wood to folk who can use it either as mulch or for
heating. You didn't mention whether it had been sprayed with toxins.

I did say that about half is pressure treated and half is not. I'd be
glad to give the wood away. I don't like to waste anything, and I
rarely do. It's 30 y.o. (covered in latex stain, but just two thin
coats) and I didn't think anyone would want it. Where do I find people
who would?

I'm not positive how much is treated. I presume the floor boards are
because they have always beem natural color, and are still not rotting
(although half are warped and certainly none are good enough for most
construction)

The 2 foot 4x4's that hold the deck up, but have always been separated
from the ground, are in pretty good shape too. Treated?

The 2x6's running crosswise under the deck are rotteing at the ends,
so I suppose they're not treated.

What have been falling