Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios[_3_] Tzortzakakis Dimitrios[_3_] is offline

Default Fluke DMM recommendations?

Ο "Dave Plowman (News)" έγραψε στο μήνυμα
In article ,
John Larkin wrote:
Think you'll find the Fluke *is* a Chinese meter...;-)

All of my Flukes, including my very nice new 8845A, say
"made in USA."

I got a very good Nicholson 40 W @ 230 V soldering iron that said "made in
USA"
I recently got a nytech www.nytech.de digital camera, which was ade in
China, and is excellent, Pentax lens, sony CCD, aluminium die cast body,
excellent pictures. Most things now are made in China anyway, the better of
99% of my computer parts:-)
ftp://jjlarkin.lmi.net/MadeInUSA.JPG

Are any of their low-end things actually Chinese?

I got a flier from an electronics company the other day with some Fluke
models on special offer and that said they were made in China. They could
have been wrong, of course - you'd need to see the actual unit to be sure.

Everybody else - Agilent, Keithley, BNC, Wavetek - are selling their
names and shipping Chinese junk. The low-end Tek scopes are made in
China, but I think they're still Tek designs.

Just because it's designed/made in China doesn't make it junk. They are
perfectly capable of making high quality stuff as well as rubbish. You
need to blame the brand name if they allow crap to be sold using their
logo.

Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
major in electrical engineering
mechanized infantry reservist